Chinese Medicine Doctor Questions and Answers
If you are looking for a trusted Chinese medicine doctor, come to Naturopathic Gastro today! Our kind and compassionate professionals are experienced providers of Chinese medicine and can help you heal in a more holistic fashion! Call us for more information or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 2330 NW Flanders Suite #101, Portland, OR 97210.
Chinese medicine has been practiced for thousands of years, with many treatments and therapies standing the test of time. There are many reasons why these procedures have been in practice since times of antiquity: they help reduce pain, manage chronic conditions, and improve overall wellness—without the use of pharmacological means or potentially damaging surgeries. It is not just one or two ancient Chinese practices that have proven themselves viable into the modern era, but dozens of scientifically backed therapies that are as effective now as they were in ancient times.
What can Chinese medicine treat?
Chinese medicine can treat the following conditions:
- Arthritis (e.g. rheumatoid arthritis)
- Back pain
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Menopause symptoms
- Parkinson’s disease
- Skin conditions, including:
What are the different types of Chinese medicine?
There are many different types of Chinese medicine, each of which provide their own unique benefits. These include:
- Herbal remedies
- Movement and concentration exercises (including Tai Chi)
What is Chinese medicine based on?
Chinese medicine has been used for thousands of years to diagnose, treat and prevent a wide number of diseases, injuries and medical conditions. It is based on the concept of qi (pronounced chee), which is an energy that flows along pathways in the body known as meridians. Based on this belief, if the flow of qi along these meridians is blocked or unbalanced, energy can become stagnant or spread to other parts of the body, which can result in illness, pain and a number of other symptoms and conditions.
What are the benefits of Chinese medicine?
Chinese medicine provides many benefits, including:
- Reduces Inflammation — Because inflammation serves as the root cause of a wide variety of diseases, including heart disease, diabetes, autoimmune diseases, and even cancer, reducing inflammation in the body is extremely important.
- Improves Muscle Strength and Flexibility — Improving strength and flexibility is directly associated with strength-training exercises and stretches that improve mobility and range of motion. However, traditional Chinese medicine, such as tai chi, provides an important aerobic workout, and practicing it for just three months can improve balance, enhance muscle strength and increase flexibility and agility. Protects and
- Improves Cognitive Health — Mental health is incredibly important, as it allows us to enjoy our physical health. One of the main objectives of Chinese medicine is to relieve stress, which significantly improves the immune response of the body. Some Chinese herbs can decrease the risk of developing dementia later in life as well, which promotes cognitive health and mental acuity.
- Has Very Few Side Effects — Most medications designed to help the body often come with a long list of negative side effects; however, this is not the case with Chinese medicine. This is because Chinese medicine aims at treating the root cause of disease, rather than temporarily covering up its symptoms.
- Improves Quality of Sleep — In addition to the many other health benefits of traditional Chinese medicine, it can also help to improve the overall quality of sleep. This helps improve blood circulation, calm anxiety, and improve cognitive strength, among many other amazing advantages.
If you are looking for a trusted Chinese medicine doctor, come to Naturopathic Gastro today! Our kind and compassionate professionals are experienced providers of Chinese medicine and can help you heal in a more holistic fashion! Call us today to book an appointment, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 2330 NW Flanders Suite #101, Portland, OR 97210. To better serve our patients, our office is open six days a week: Monday to Saturday from 9 AM to 6 PM. We look forward to serving you! We serve patients from Portland OR, Beaverton OR, Tigard OR, Oak Grove OR, Battin OR, and West Haven-Sylvan OR.