IV Hydration Therapy Questions and Answers
If you are feeling tired, foggy or achy, it may be due to dehydration. Come to Naturopathic Gastro for our IV hydration therapy, which can help improve your health and quality of life! Call us for more information or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 2330 NW Flanders Suite #101, Portland, OR 97210.
We all know how important it is to stay hydrated, but few people realize that 75 percent of the US population is chronically dehydrated. Even if people drink the recommended amount of water every day, many of them also consume diuretics such as caffeine and alcohol that offset the amount of hydration, leading to an overall fluid loss. One of the most effective ways to combat and prevent dehydration is with IV hydration therapy, which administers hydrating fluids containing essential vitamins and minerals directly into the bloodstream. These treatments have massively surged in popularity due to their astonishing ability to restore levels of hydration.
What does IV hydration do?
IV hydration restores levels of hydration in the body, as well as providing the body with its much-needed vitamins, minerals and nutrients. Each therapy session is custom-tailored to fit the needs of the patient, so the effect it has on the body can vary. The most common uses are to:
- Hydrate the body
- Restore vitamin levels
- Replenish nutrients and electrolytes
- Provide an energy boost
- Fight fatigue
- Help active people recover faster
What are the benefits of IV therapy?
IV therapy provides amazing benefits, including:
- More Efficient at Hydrating the Body — Drinking fluids is not as efficient at staving off dehydration as most people think. When orally consuming water, the tissues in the throat and along the digestive tract absorb most of the liquid, which does not provide hydration for all of the tissues in the body.
- Provides More Than Just Fluids — Sweating releases more than just fluids, it contains many minerals and nutrients that provide the body with much needed hydration. To balance this, drinking water is not enough, as electrolytes and other lost nutrients need to be replaced. The only way to replace these minerals and nutrients is by eating certain foods or taking supplements, which are often lost along the way through the digestive process.
- Easier on the Digestive System — Both drinking a lot of fluids and taking supplements can be hard on the digestive system. Much of this fluid is not absorbed by the body, and the same is true for oral supplements, which only about half of the total vitamin volume is used by the body (the other half is disposed of as waste). IV hydration is much easier on the digestive system because it bypasses it completely. This improves hydration and also absorbs nearly 100% of the vitamins and nutrients.
- Improves Recovery Times — Proper hydration is essential to quicker recovery times, because the body requires nutrients, fluid and vitamins to regenerate its tissues.
- Customized for Patient’s Needs — Everyone is unique, and our bodies have different needs depending on our health, lifestyle and activity level. That is why each IV hydration therapy is custom-tailored for each patient, depending on their unique needs, such as: athletic recovery; energy boosts; hangover recovery; skin care; and immunity boosts.
- Strengthens the Immune System — By providing a quick and efficient dose of immunity-boosting compounds like Vitamin C and Vitamin B12, Hydration IV therapy can help prevent many common illnesses.
In addition, IV hydration therapy also:
- Flushes Toxins from the Body;
- Improves Cognitive Function; and
- Improves Skin, Joint, and Muscle Health
Does IV hydration therapy work?
Yes, absolutely! IV hydration works by effectively restoring fluid levels and provides the body with vitamins and minerals it needs to stay healthy and function optimally.
How long does IV hydration take?
The entire session of IV hydration is very quick, only lasting about 20 to 40 minutes, depending on the needs of the patient.
If you are feeling tired, foggy or achy, it may be due to dehydration. Come to Naturopathic Gastro for our IV hydration therapy, which can help improve your health and quality of life! Call us today or book an appointment online, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 2330 NW Flanders Suite #101, Portland, OR 97210. To better serve our patients, our office is open six days a week: Monday to Saturday from 9 AM to 6 PM. We look forward to serving you! We serve patients from Portland OR, Beaverton OR, Tigard OR, Oak Grove OR, Battin OR, and West Haven-Sylvan OR.